Have you been given an assignment by your professor and do not know where to start from? Well, all you need is to understand the parts of a thesis paper and you will be good to go. This will give you a clear picture of what you will be required to write and in what format for you to have an easy time working on your assignment. Now that you know what a thesis is, it is important to know what it entails. Here is a guideline to help you understand thesis parts and how you can successfully write it.
The Introduction Parts of a thesis
Ideally, the introduction part of a thesis has got a number of things that need to be addressed. It all starts with introducing the topic of the thesis. It is important to introduce what you will be writing about and things that will be key in defining the direction that your paper will take at the end of the day. For that reason, remember to:-
- Introduce the topic as one of the main parts of a thesis paper.
- Provide background information around your chosen topic
- Define terms as will be used in your thesis paper
- State the aim of writing about the chosen topic
- State the objectives of the assignment and how you will arrive at them
- Justify your thesis topic and why it is important
- Show the reader the purpose of the thesis paper even and why you are writing it
The Body as one of the parts of a dissertation
A lot goes into building your thesis paper and that is why this section is very important in developing your paper. Here, you will be required to do a thorough review of literature showing what studies have been conducted in this area and the gaps you have identified that require further study. This part of the thesis is equally important as other thesis parts. Therefore, you will need to handle it carefully for you to be able to move on to the next stage of writing. Here are important things to remember:
- Point to past studies and the development that has been made leading to your thesis paper writing
- Identify gaps that have been left out by past researchers
- Thoroughly review details of past studies and show how your paper blends in with them
Methodology parts of a thesis paper
Different thesis assignments take a different methodological approach in conducting the study. Therefore, the methodology parts of different thesis papers will always be different from each other. All that is important is to learn what approach you will be using in gathering data and information for your study. Show…
- The approach to take in your study. This will form the philosophy of the methodology that will be applied in helping you realize your thesis aim and objectives
- The specific method of research and write about it.
- Why your chosen method of research was the best in the given scenario you are writing about
It is important to show how you will go about doing your study in order to make it credible and believable to all. This is very key to validate your findings and in helping to show that your work is worthy to be taken seriously. The methodology you apply is what will authenticate your study as having met the set standards of writing a thesis paper.
Results, Findings and Conclusion thesis parts
At the end of it all, readers will be looking for your results and findings from the method you applied in your thesis paper. Just like all other parts of a thesis, there will be a lot expected to come up in this area. You will write about what you found from your research and how they relate to the topic of your study.
The findings must be well-presented and analysed in these parts of a thesis to make them easier for the reader to understand them. Therefore, the use of images and pictures will be key to enhance understanding. In the end, write a meaningful summary and conclusion of your findings to make your assertion hold. This should be supported by facts drawn from past studies and the data collected.